oddity (plural oddities)
- An odd or strange thing or opinion.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 1, in The Celebrity:
- In the old days, to my commonplace and unobserving mind, he gave no evidences of genius whatsoever. He never read me any of his manuscripts, […], and therefore my lack of detection of his promise may in some degree be pardoned. But he had then none of the oddities and mannerisms which I hold to be inseparable from genius, and which struck my attention in after days when I came in contact with the Celebrity.
- A strange person; an oddball.
- (strange thing): irregularity, outlier; see also Thesaurus:anomaly
- (strange opinion):
- (strange person): kook, oddball, odd duck, weirdo; see also Thesaurus:strange person
- (strangeness): oddness, rumness, weirdness; see also Thesaurus:strangeness