- Rhymes: -ɒdz
From odd (“uneven, strange”).
odds pl (plural only)
- The ratio of the probabilities of an event happening to that of it not happening.
- I'd say the odds are strongly in favor of the sun rising tomorrow morning.
- The ratio of winnings to stake in betting situations.
- plural of
- The word "odds" was formerly sometimes used with a singular verb, e.g. (Stephen S. Foster) "If there be any difference in the two crimes, the odds is in favor of the foreign enslaver."
Terms derived from odds
the ratio of the probabilities of an event happening to that of it not happening
the ratio of winnings to stake in betting situations
- “odds” in The Bokmål Dictionary.