- (uncountable) The state or quality of being opaque, not allowing light to pass through
- We could not see the sandbar due to the opacity of the muddy water.
- (uncountable) The state or quality of being inaccessible to understanding.
- The opacity of these decisions is troubling.
- (optics, countable) A measure of relative impenetrability to electromagnetic radiation such as light.
- The opacity of a clean glass window is near zero.
state of being opaque; blocking light
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.