See also: openmouthed
- (obsolete) Talkative, speaking freely.
- 1485, Sir Thomas Malory, chapter I, in Le Morte Darthur, book XVIII:
- and so they loued to gyder more hotter than they did to fore hand / and had suche preuy draughtes to gyder that many in the Courte spak of hit / and in especial sir Agrauayne/ sir Gawayns broder / for he was euer open mouthed / So bifel that syre Launcelot had many resortes of ladyes and damoysels that dayly resorted vnto hym / that besoughte hym to be their champyon
- With the mouth open.
- Gaping in surprise, wonder or astonishment.
- (Gaping in surprise, wonder or astonishment): agape
with the mouth open