pastorate (plural pastorates)
- The role or responsibilities of a pastor.
- The old pastor found his pastorate wearying, and longed to retire.
- The period of service of a particular pastor to their congregation; their term of office.
- His pastorate had been marked by several changes in church policy with regards to community outreach.
- An organization or body consisting of multiple pastors.
- At the denomination's annual conference, the pastorate had passed a bylaw prohibiting members from performing online marriage ceremonies.