- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌfɒs.fəˈɹɛs.əns/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌfɑs.fəˈɹɛs.əns/
- Homophone: phosphorescents
- The emission of light without any perceptible heat; the quality of being phosphorescent.
- 2002, Barbara Vine, Grasshopper, page 138:
- We saw a round red sun rise over the City, paint the glassy towers with phosphorescence and, as it brightened and lost its shape, sprinkle across the sky feathers of pink and lilac.
emission of light without heat
See also edit
phosphorescence f (plural phosphorescences)