See also: pile driver
piledriver (plural piledrivers)
- Alternative spelling of (mechanical device)
- (professional wrestling) A move in which the wrestler applies a front waist lock, then drives the opponent's head into the mat by falling to his knees or backside.
- (soccer) a very hard shot.
- 2011 February 1, Mandeep Sanghera, “Man Utd 3 - 1 Aston Villa”, in BBC:
- United did not dwell on the decision and Nani had a left-foot piledriver fended wide by Friedel, who is now the oldest player in Villa's history at 39 years and 259 days.