- going off in all directions from the center
- 1990, Thomas Pynchon, Vineland:
- She had a long look at him, and after having just spent hours with Frenesi’s face, found it easier now to make out, past the quaquaversal beard and smudged eyeglass lenses, as clearly as she ever would in Zoyd her own not-yet-come-to-terms-with face.
- 2015, Robert Macfarlane, Landmarks:
- It is a brilliantly managed scene, quaquaversal in its geometries, simultaneously expanding present space and deepening past time.
- (astronomy) dipping towards a centre in all directions
going off in all directions at once towards a center
astronomy: dipping towards a centre in all directions