See also: rain forest
Alternative forms edit
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- A forest in a climate with high annual rainfall and no dry season.
- 2002, Chris C. Park, Tropical Rainforests, page 27:
- Perhaps the most impressive expression of species diversity is the density of species found in a given area of rainforest.
- 2004, Nigel E. Stork, “24: The Theory and Practice of Planning for Long-Term Conservation of Biodiversity of Wet Tropics Rainforests in Australia”, in Eldredge Bermingham, Christopher W. Dick, Craig Moritz, editors, Tropical Rainforests: Past, Present, and Future, page 508:
- Tropical rainforests in Australia have suffered a fate similar in many ways to that of rainforests elsewhere in the world, but considerable progress in safeguarding the future of what remains has been made.
- 2014, Nick Hunter, Rainforests, page 38:
- Enjoy your visit to the rainforests, because the next time you go there things could be very different.
Derived terms edit
type of forest