See also: real life
Audio (US) (file)
- As happens in real life; not fictional or theoretical; actual as opposed to believed or assumed.
- 2013 June 29, “Travels and travails”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 55:
- Even without hovering drones, a lurking assassin, a thumping score and a denouement, the real-life story of Edward Snowden, a rogue spy on the run, could be straight out of the cinema. But, as with Hollywood, the subplots and exotic locations may distract from the real message: America’s discomfort and its foes’ glee.
- 2019, Li Huang; James Lambert, “Another Arrow for the Quiver: A New Methodology for Multilingual Researchers”, in Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, DOI:10.1080/01434632.2019.1596115, page 7:
- In addition, as far as we were aware, there were no published data that quantified real-life speech practices in Singapore beyond census reportage, but we had no reason to conclude a priori that the distribution of languages spoken at NIE would match census data.