- relâmpado (obsolete)
Alteration of relâmpado, from re- + lâmpado, from Latin lampada (“lamp”), from lampas, lampades, or through a derivative of Late Latin lampō, lampāre. The prefix re- indicates the idea of repetition, hence lightning striking over and over again. Compare Spanish relámpago.
- (Brazil) IPA(key): /ʁe.ˈlɐ̃.pa.ɡu/
- (South Brazil) IPA(key): /he.ˈlɐ̃.pa.ɡo/
- (Portugal) IPA(key): /ʁɨ.ˈlɐ̃.pɐ.ɣu/
- Hyphenation: re‧lâm‧pa‧go
relâmpago m (plural relâmpagos)
- lightning (flash of light caused by the discharge of atmospheric electrical charge)