rotary (not comparable)
- Capable of rotation.
- 1997, A. J. Taylor; D. S. Mothram, editors, Flavour Science: Recent Developments, Elsevier, →ISBN, page 63:
- Volatiles of kecap manis and its raw materials were extracted using Likens-Nickerson apparatus with diethyl ether as the extraction solvent. The extracts were then dried with anhydrous sodium sulfate, concentrated using a rotary evaporator followed by flushing using nitrogen until the volume was about 0.5 ml.
- A rotary engine revolves the heads rather than having pistons go back and forth.
capable of rotation
rotary (plural rotaries)
- (New England) A traffic circle.
- (chiefly with initial capital) Any of the clubs making up the international Rotary International movement for community service.
traffic circle — see traffic circle
club in Rotary movement