- Rhymes: -ɛpə(r)
schlepper (plural schleppers)
- A servant who carries things; a porter.
- Tell the schlepper to take it up to your hotel room.
- (pejorative) One who wanders aimlessly.
- I can't interest the little schlepper in doing his homework.
- (pejorative) Any manual laborer, or other lowly employee.
- He's just a schlepper!
- 1999: Woody Allen adored the scene, and sent up the figure in both film (“Love and Death”) and fiction: in a piece called “Death Knocks,” the Grim Reaper reappears for a game of gin rummy with a schlepper — The New Yorker, 13 May 1999