- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsɝtʃɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɜːtʃɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)tʃɪŋ
- (of an investigation, etc.) Thorough.
- Looking over closely; penetrating; severe.
- a searching gaze; searching criticism
searching (plural searchings)
- search; hunt
- 2007 November 4, Mark Oppenheimer, “The Turning of an Atheist”, in New York Times:
- Depending on whom you ask, Antony Flew is either a true convert whose lifelong intellectual searchings finally brought him to God or a senescent scholar possibly being exploited by his associates.