six and two threes
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Two equivalent choices or situations.
- 1962, Christopher John Brennan, Prose:
- They would fob us off with that and once more make it six and two threes.
- 1982, Dennis Marsden, Workless: an exploration of the social contract between society and the worker:
- I said, "Well, it's six and two threes. I get three pound off you here, and I have to work all week for £5 and I get me stamps off, whatever.
- 2006, J J Dewey, Eternal Words: The Immortal Series:
- I'll leave it up to you whether you wish to include it; in other words, it's six and two threes.