- The interaction between a group of people who share a common interest.
- The use of social contacts to network.
- (Internet, business) The use of Internet communities to network and communicate using shared interests, related skills, or geographical location between consumers and businesses.
- (Internet) Interaction with other people via a social network
2012, Catheryn Cheal, Transformation in Teaching: Social Media Strategies in Higher Education, ISBN 1932886494:
- The Internet provides an abundant amount of software to access Twitter broadcasts and many mobile phones contain pre-installed social networking applications on the device; however, in this study, students mainly used the Internet to view tweets.
2015, Jamil, George Leal, Handbook of Research on Information Architecture and Management in Modern Organizations, ISBN 1466686383:
- These Social Web Applications can be public, such as Delicious, Facebook, Flickr, SWiK, Twitter, and YouTube, or private, such as a locally-installed social networking engine Elgg.
interaction between a group of people
use of Internet communities