stoutish (not comparable)
- reasonably stout, somewhat stout
- 1912, Margaret Burnham, The Girl Aviators' Motor Butterfly:
- Descending to the office to buy some postcards, the boys found, lounging about the desk, a stoutish man with a rather dissipated face, puffy under the eyes and heavy about the jaws.
- 1911, H. G. Wells, The Country of the Blind, And Other Stories:
- I joined all my fishing-lines together with stems of seaweed and things, and made a stoutish string, perhaps twelve yards in length or more, and I fastened two lumps of coral rock to the ends of this.