- Expanded polystyrene foam, such as is used in cups and packaging.
- 1988 November 4, Cecil Adams, “The Straight Dope”, in Chicago Reader:
- A while ago I read your column concerning the effects of hot tea on styrofoam cups.
- 2013 May-June, Kevin Heng, “Why Does Nature Form Exoplanets Easily”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 184:
- In the past two years, NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope has located nearly 3,000 exoplanet candidates ranging from sub-Earth-sized minions to gas giants that dwarf our own Jupiter. Their densities range from that of styrofoam to iron.