- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈθɹoʊ.ɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈθɹəʊ.ɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- The act by which something is thrown.
- 1909, Booth Tarkington, Beasley's Christmas Party:
- […] it looked like a house where they played charades, where there would be long streamers of evergreen and dozens of wreaths of holly at Christmas-time, where there were tearful, happy weddings and great throwings of rice after little brides […]
- The process of making ceramic ware on the potter's wheel