traunch (plural traunches)
- One of a series of allotments (of funds for a certain purpose).
2004, George W. Bush, speech following tsunami disaster:
- First of all, we provide immediate cash relief to the tune of about $35 million. And then there will be an assessment of the damage, so that the relief is -- the next traunch of relief will be spent wisely.
- One set or portion of a series.
- To divide into parts or portions of a series (especially of allotments of funds).
- Divided into portions or parts of a series (especially of allotments of funds).