See also: under the counter
- Illicit, obtained or sold furtively.
- The village shop seemed to be a bastion of respectability but those in the know could obtain some very questionable under-the-counter material.
- 1962 United States Congressional Serial Set by United States Government Printing Office
- The frequency of under-the-counter selling is most difficult to ascertain.
- 1973, Robert Wallace Winslow, Crime in a Free Society: Selections from the President's Commission on Law
- Traffic and distribution of under-the-counter materials appears to be a very minor ... The total market in under-the-counter materials is estimated to be ...
- 1988, Gordon Hawkins and Franklin E. Zimring, Pornography in a Free Society,
- of material classified as "under-the-counter" was being openly exhibited and openly sold.
under the counter — see under the counter