under- + report.
underreport (third-person singular simple present underreports, present participle underreporting, simple past and past participle underreported)
- To report a number falsely, making it smaller than it ought to be, especially to do so intentionally
- Lara Jordan, Associated Press
- The FBI underreported its use of the USA Patriot Act to force businesses to turn over customer information in suspected terrorism cases, according to a Justice Department audit.
- As a group, to report something less frequently than it actually occurs
- Women tend to underreport rape.