Etymology 1 Edit
Etymology 2 Edit
- Not grounded; without ground or basis, unreal, false.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:baseless
- The defendant's claims are fictitious; they are entirely ungrounded in fact.
- (electricity, electronics) Not connected to ground potential
- 2008, BioWare, Mass Effect, Redwood City: Electronic Arts, →ISBN, →OCLC, PC, scene: FTL Drive: Drive Charge Codex entry:
- If the charge is allowed to build, the core will discharge into the hull of a ship. All ungrounded crew members are fried to a crisp, all electronic system are burned out, and metal bulkheads may be melted and fused together.
not grounded, unreal, false