See also: electrònics
- Rhymes: -ɒnɪks
- (physics) The study and use of electrical devices that operate by controlling the flow of electrons or other electrically charged particles or by converting the flow of charged particles to or from other forms of energy.
- Electronics is a popular subject.
- (in the plural) A device or devices which require the flow of electrons through conductors and semiconductors in order to perform their function; devices that operate on electrical power (battery or outlet)
- Look at all the electronics in this room! (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- Electronic circuitry.
- The electronics is the difference between a modern and an old-fashion thermostat.
- The electronics are completely updated.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked