unpick (third-person singular simple present unpicks, present participle unpicking, simple past and past participle unpicked)
- (sewing) To undo sewing stitches.
- (knitting) To undo knitting in order to reuse the wool.
- To unravel or untangle the threads of a rope etc.
- (figuratively) To disassemble.
2011 January 25, Paul Fletcher, “Arsenal 3 - 0 Ipswich (agg 3 - 1)”, in BBC:
- The home team eventually started to unpick the Town defence and Fabregas forced a saved from visiting goalkeeper Marton Fulop after collecting a pass from Bendtner, who played on the right side of the front line.