Audio (US) (file)
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Lifted upwards, raised.
- 1968, National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on the Alaska Earthquake, The Great Alaska Earthquake of 1964 - Volume 5, →ISBN, page 122:
- To the northeast and northwest of the uplifted area there was a belt of depression, mainly in land areas.
- 2005, Karen Tate, Sacred Places of Goddess: 108 Destinations, page 34:
- Some of the female figurines depicted women with uplifted arms while others portrayed pregnant females with uplifted arms in the process of giving birth.
- (figuratively) Joyous, hopeful or inspired.