vulgarity (plural vulgarities)
- (uncountable) The quality of being vulgar.
- 1815, Jane Austen, Emma, volume III, chapter 13:
- You will observe that I have not yet indulged myself in calling her by that name, even to you. Think, then, what I must have endured in hearing it bandied between the Eltons with all the vulgarity of needless repetition, and all the insolence of imaginary superiority
- (countable) An offensive or obscene act or expression.
- (offensive act): profanity
quality of being vulgar
offensive or obscene act