See also: water spout
waterspout (plural waterspouts)
- A whirlwind that forms over water, not associated with a mesocyclone of a thunderstorm (contrary to a true tornado).
- A true tornado that passes over a body of water.
- A channel through which water is discharged, especially from the gutters of a roof.
- water tornado
- 1922, Katherine Mansfield, At The Bay 
- Stanley turned over on his back and kicked with his legs till he was a living waterspout.
(water discharge channel):
tornado that occurs over a body of water
channel through which water is discharged
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.