wingtip (plural wingtips)
- The extreme tip of the wing of an aircraft, bird, flying insect, etc.
- 1934, Henry G. Lamond, An Aviary on the Plains, Sydney: Angus and Robertson, page 13:
- They're wonderful hoverers, though, and they'll remain stationary in the air, wing-tips vibrating, till they've marked their prey[.]
- 2000, Bill Oddie, Gripping Yarns, page 26:
- The poor but lovely bird sat there, posing among the celandines and wood anemones, wondering why its wing-tips were frozen together.
- A part of a shoe, often with brogueing that extends backwards on both sides from the toe
of flying things