|simpl. and trad.|
- (Standard Chinese, Beijing)
- (Standard Chinese, Taiwan)
- (Standard Chinese, Mainland)
- Note: "wūrǔ" is a non-standard variant in Mainland China, resulting from contamination by 污辱.
- (Intermediate Mandarin) insult
- (Intermediate Mandarin) indecent behaviour towards a woman; molestation
- (Intermediate Mandarin) to insult; to humiliate
- (Intermediate Mandarin) (of a man) to behave indecently to a woman; to molest
Often used in a serious case of insult, since it is a more strong choice of word. Used in a serious case of accusation.
- "媒体读音调查" (in Mandarin), 读音有分歧的词语语音调查. URL accessed on 2009-07-29.
|Kanji in this term|
- an insult