Ideogrammic compound (會意): 夊 + 𡕒 (second character roughly ヰ) – two feet facing each other (toe-to-toe). Compare 夅, with feet pointing down. Compare also foot in 夂, 夊, 𡕒. Note that the left foot has changed shape rather more than the right foot, which still resembles the form in earlier script.
|Oracle bone script||Bronze inscriptions||Large seal script||Small seal script|
舛 (radical 136 舛+0, 6 strokes, cangjie input 弓戈手 (NIQ), four-corner 25200)
- KangXi: page 1008, character 9
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 30338
- Dae Jaweon: page 1465, character 11
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 861, character 6
- Unihan data for U+821B
舛 (jyutping cyun2, Yale chyun2)
舛 (POJ chhón, Guangdong tsh'on3 [Meixian], ts'on3, ch'on3 [Hailu, Siyan], ch'on3 [Kwangtung], Hagfa Pinyim con3)
- CCDICT (Chineselanguage.org)
- Academia Sinica - Hakka-English Dictionary
- Lau, Chun-fat. Hakka Pinyin Dictionary (Chinese). Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press, 1997 (Chinese IME supplement) ISBN 962-201-750-9.