- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)ɡ
- (slang) One who proselytises or assimilates.
- Go for the fun of it (yes, I am one of the Borgs) and don't let equipment bother you. Just remember this even when the Borgs assimilate you.
- (slang) To assimilate rivals, via corporate acquisition or religious proselytisation.
- 2003, “Microsoft trying to borg google.”, New York Times:
- 2004, alt.religion.asatru, Usenet:
- The Christians could afford to spend generations converting northern Europe and that's exactly what they did. We have that example from history. We know there are other faiths out there that want to wipe us out, and there are other faiths out there that want to Borg us. The fact that some are still here after decades means we aren't giving in this time, and you're one of the ones here over a decade."
- They are trying to turn you into them. They are trying to borg us.
- (slang) To turn into a cyborg, to implant machinery into people with the intent of controlling or assimilating them.
- Use of other than the infinitive is rare. Lowercase spelling also occurs, less commonly.
- IPA: /bɔʁk/
- barrow (castrated boar)
This German entry was created from the translations listed at barrow. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see Borg in the German Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008