See also: umwelt
- One's surroundings or environment; the outer world as perceived by organisms within it.
1979, Kyril Bonfiglioli, “After You with the Pistol”:
- It seems that these S-E-A-Values are all about what ethnologists call the Umwelt — the area of alarm around members of the brute creation, such as human beings.
1990 Oct, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p80, 10p, 7, S. J. Bodio, A. Shilstone, “Pigeon Racing: Homing in on an 'invisible' sport”:
- Still, a pigeon's worldview -- its Umwelt, ...
2006 Vol. 91 Issue 3, p295-312, 18p, Chris Arthur, “Empty Room”, Southwest Review:
- ... a fragment snipped from the perplexing umwelt of Homo sapiens, our innumerable temporary enclosures.
Umwelt f (genitive Umwelt, plural Umwelten)
- environment (area around something)
declension of Umwelt
- Umwelt in Duden online