- (uncountable) The act of administering; government of public affairs; the service rendered, or duties assumed, in conducting affairs; the conducting of any office or employment; direction.
- (countable) A body that administers; the executive part of government; the persons collectively who are entrusted with the execution of laws and the superintendence of public affairs; the chief magistrate and his cabinet or council; or the council, or ministry, alone, as in Great Britain.
- Successive US administrations have had similar Middle East policies.
- (uncountable) The act of administering, or tendering something to another; dispensation.
- the administration of a medicine, of an oath, of justice, or of the sacrament.
- (uncountable, business) Management.
- (uncountable, law, UK) An arrangement whereby an insolvent company can continue trading under supervision.
- The company went into voluntary administration last week.
the act of administering
the executive part of government
the act of administering or tendering something to another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
administration f (plural administrations)
- management (administration; the process or practice of managing)
Declension of administration
Read in another language
This page is available in 47 languages
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Bahasa Melayu
- Na Vosa Vakaviti
- Gagana Samoa
- Simple English
- Tiếng Việt