assembly (plural assemblies)
- A set of pieces that work together in unison as a mechanism or device.
- In order to change the bearing, you must first remove the gearbox assembly.
- The act of putting together such set of pieces.
- instructions for assembly
- assembly line
- A congregation of people in one place for a purpose.
- school assembly
- freedom of assembly
- A legislative body.
- (computing) Short for assembly language
- (computing) In Microsoft .NET, a building block of an application, similar to a DLL, but containing both executable code and information normally found in a DLL's type library. The type library information in an assembly, called a manifest, describes public functions, data, classes, and version information.
set of pieces
act of putting together
congregation of people
short for assembly language; see also assembly language
Read in another language
This page is available in 32 languages