From commūnis (“common, public, general”).
- (in giving) I divide something with someone, communicate, impart, share.
- (in receiving) I share something with someone, take or receive a part, partake, participate in.
- I join to an equal part, unite, add, link, connect.
- I make common, bring into common use.
- (figuratively) I contaminate, defile.
Conjugation of communico (first conjugation)
- (add): addō
- “communico” in Lewis & Short’s Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers, Oxford: Clarendon Press (1879)
Read in another language
This page is available in 4 languages