Audio (US) (file)
- curved like the inner surface of a sphere or bowl
- (geometry, not comparable, of a polygon) not convex; having at least one internal angle greater than 180 degrees..
- (functional analysis, not comparable, of a real-valued function on the reals) satisfying the property that all segments connecting two points on the function's graph lie below the function.
- hollow; empty
- as concave […] as a worm-eaten nut
concave (plural concaves)
- A concave surface or curve.
- The vault of the sky.
- One of the celestial spheres of the Ptolemaic or geocentric model of the world.
- Aristotle makes [Fire] to move to the concave of the Moon. - Thomas Salusbury (1661).
- (manufacturing) An element of a curved grid used to separate desirable material from tailings or chaff in mining and harvesting.
- (surfing) An indentation running along the base of a surfboard, intended to increase lift.
- (skateboarding) An indented area on the top of a skateboard, providing a position for foot placement and increasing board strength.
A concave surface or curve
To render concave, or increase the degree of concavity.
- feminine plural of