|< 7th||8th||9th >|
| Ordinal : eighth
Cardinal : eight
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: ātth, IPA(key): /eɪtθ/
- (General American) enPR: ātth, IPA(key): /eɪtθ/, /eɪθ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪtθ, -eɪθ
ordinal form of the number eight
eighth (plural eighths)
- (eighth ones is used for the plural) The person or thing in the eighth position.
- One of eight equal parts of a whole.
- (slang) An "eighth" of an ounce equalling approximately 3.5 grams in marijuana or other drugs.
- (person or thing in the eighth position): eighth one
- (One of eight equal parts): ⅛, henry (for an eighth of an ounce of marijuana in the UK)
person or thing in the eighth position
one of eight equal parts of a whole
slang: a quantity of marijuana weighing one-eighth of an ounce