ordinal (not comparable)
- Of a number, indicating position in a sequence.
- (taxonomy) Of or relating to the groupings called orders.
indicating position in a numerical sequence
ordinal (plural ordinals)
- An ordinal number such as first, second and third.
- The most common numerals in Latin, as in English, are the "cardinals"...and the "ordinals"... — F. M. Wheelock, Wheelock’s Latin, 6th ed. revised (2005), p97
- A book used in the ordination of Anglican ministers, or in certain Roman Catholic services
an ordinal number
From Latin ordinalis.
Read in another language
This page is available in 26 languages