ordinal (not comparable)
- Of a number, indicating position in a sequence.
- (taxonomy) Of or relating to the groupings called orders.
indicating position in a numerical sequence
ordinal (plural ordinals)
- An ordinal number such as first, second and third.
- The most common numerals in Latin, as in English, are the "cardinals"...and the "ordinals"... — F. M. Wheelock, Wheelock’s Latin, 6th ed. revised (2005), p97
- A book used in the ordination of Anglican ministers, or in certain Roman Catholic services
- "ordinal" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- ordinal (indicating position in a numerical sequence)