- endeed (obsolete)
indeed (not comparable)
- (modal) truly; in fact; actually
- Indeed, he made several misplays.
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page vii
- With fresh material, taxonomic conclusions are leavened by recognition that the material examined reflects the site it occupied; a herbarium packet gives one only a small fraction of the data desirable for sound conclusions. Herbarium material does not, indeed, allow one to extrapolate safely: what you see is what you get […]
- (degree, after the adjective modified) In fact.
- As a soccer player he is terrible indeed.
modal: truly; in fact; actually
degree: in fact
- indicates emphatic agreement
- "I'm a great runner." "Indeed!"
indication of agreement
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked