- The act of interfering with something, or something that interferes.
- (sports) The illegal obstruction of an opponent in some ball games.
- They were glued to the TV, as the referee called out a fifteen yard penalty for interference.
- (physics) An effect caused by the superposition of two systems of waves, such as a distortion on a broadcast signal due to atmospheric or other effects.
- They wanted to watch the game on TV, but there was too much interference to even make out the score on the tiny screen.
- (US, law) In United States patent law, an inter partes proceeding to determine the priority issues of multiple patent applications; a priority contest.
- (chess) The interruption of the line between an attacked piece and its defender by sacrificially interposing a piece.
act of interfering with something
illegal obstruction of an opponent in some ball games
effect caused by the superposition of two systems of waves
Read in another language
This page is available in 21 languages