See also: Laurel
laurel (plural laurels)
- An evergreen shrub, of the genus Laurus, having aromatic leaves of a lanceolate shape, with clusters of small, yellowish white flowers in their axils.
- A crown of laurel.
- (figuratively, chiefly in the plural) honor, distinction, fame.
- to win laurels; to crown with laurels.
- An English gold coin made in 1619, and so called because the king's head on it was crowned with laurel
evergreen shrub, of the genus Laurus
crown of laurel
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- The name is extended to other plants which in some respect resemble the true laurel.
laurel m (plural laureles)
- (botany) laurel
- laurel alejandrino
- laurel cerezo
- laurel real
- laurel rosa
Read in another language
This page is available in 26 languages