English↑Jump back a section
Last modified on 6 October 2012, at 21:19↑Jump back a section
laya -- root word of kalayaan
- The state of being free (of restraints, such as external factors or grief).
- Release from prison.
- Malaya ka na. -- You're free to go.
- Having the liberty to choose.
- Malaya tayong bumoto ng kung sinong pinaniniwalaan nating ikabubuti ng bansa. -- We have the freedom to vote for whom we believe will be beneficial for our country.
- Being independent.
- Ang Pilipinas ay malaya mula sa banyagang koloniyalisasyon. -- The Philippines is free from foreign colonialization.
- Having the ability to move in an unconstrained manner; being unconstrained.
- Malayang nagtakbuhan sina Inggo sa pagpa-Patintero nila. -- Inggo and the others freely ran about as they played Patintero.
- lumaya: freed from
- nagpalaya (ng tao): freed (someone)
- pinalaya, pinalayaan: freed by
- lumalaya: being freed from
- naglalaya, pinalalaya, pinalalayaan: freeing someone or something from
- kalayaan: freedom
- lalaya: will be freed from
- palalayaan: will set free