From Proto-Indo-European *nei (“to shine”), see also Welsh nwyfiant (“splendor, gleam”), Old Irish niab (“strength”), noib (“holy”), Middle Irish niam (“splendor, gleam”), niamda (“shining”).
- I am radiant, shine, look bright, glitter, sparkle, glisten.
- (figuratively, of animals) I am sleek or in good condition.
- (figuratively, of fields, plants) I look flourishing or thriving; thrive.
- (figuratively, of persons) I am brilliant, look bright or beautiful, shine.
- (figuratively, of wealth) I flourish, abound.
Conjugation of niteo (second conjugation, active only)
- (shine, glitter): fulgeō
Read in another language
This page is available in 3 languages