palindrome (plural palindromes)
- A word, phrase, number or any other sequence of units which has the property of reading the same forwards as it does backwards, character for character, sometimes disregarding punctuation, capitalization and diacritics.
- Level, madam and racecar are examples of single word palindromes.
- A poetic form in which the sequence of words reads the same in either direction.
- (genetics) A stretch of DNA in which the sequence of nucleotides on one strand are in the reverse order to that of the complementary strand
- (genetics): massive palindrome
a sequence of units that reads the same forwards as backwards
palindrome m (plural palindromes)