Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪkt
- simple past tense and past participle of
- (obsolete) pointed; sharp
- Picked and polished.
- Let the stake be made picked at the top.
- (zoology, of fishes) Having a pike or spine on the back.
- the picked dogfish
- (obsolete) fine; spruce; smart; precise; dainty
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.