See also: Protein
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɹəʊti.ɪn/, /ˈpɹəʊtiːn/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈpɹoʊtiːn/
Audio (US) (file)
- (biochemistry) Any of numerous large, complex naturally-produced molecules composed of one or more long chains of amino acids, in which the amino acid groups are held together by peptide bonds.
- (nutrition) One of three major classes of food or source of food energy (4 kcal/gram) abundant in animal-derived foods (ie: meat) and some vegetables, such as legumes. see carbohydrate and fat for the other two major classes
- For each dish, select a curry, protein, and spiciness.
one of three major classes of food
biochemistry: a large, complex molecule composed of long chains of amino acids
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- ^ New Oxford Dictionary of English
protein n (uncountable)
Declension of protein