From re- + assume.
reassume (third-person singular simple present reassumes, present participle reassuming, simple past and past participle reassumed)
- To resume, to carry on (a practice, thought, occupation etc.) again.
- To take on or adopt again.
- The next day he reassumed his disguise.
- The British reassumed control of the region.
- (now rare) To take back into one's possession.
- 1644, John Milton, Aeropagitica:
- What some lament of, we rather should rejoyce at, should rather praise this pious forwardnes among men, to reassume the ill deputed care of their Religion into their own hands again.
- third-person singular present indicative of reassumere