Last modified on 18 October 2013, at 23:17
From Latin vigilāre, present active infinitive of vigilō, from vigil (“alert; awake”), from Proto-Indo-European *weg- (“to be strong”).
- (Paulista) IPA(key): /ˌvi.ʒi.ˈa(ɹ)/
- (South Brazil) IPA(key): /ˌvi.ʒi.ˈa(ɻ)/
- Hyphenation: vi‧gi‧ar
vigiar (first-person singular present indicative vigio, past participle vigiado)
- to watch (to attend or guard)
- to watch (to act as a lookout)
- to observe something carefully
- This is a regular verb of the -ar group.
- Verbs with this conjugation include: amar, cantar, gritar, marchar, mostrar, nadar, parar, participar, retirar, separar, viajar.