Last modified on 4 April 2014, at 00:05
From Latin vigilāre, present active infinitive of vigilō, from vigil (“alert; awake”), from Proto-Indo-European *weg- (“to be strong”).
vigiar (first-person singular present indicative vigio, past participle vigiado)
- to watch (to attend or guard)
- to watch (to act as a lookout)
- to observe something carefully
- This is a regular verb of the -ar group.
- Verbs with this conjugation include: amar, cantar, gritar, marchar, mostrar, nadar, parar, participar, retirar, separar, viajar.