þeyta f (genitive singular þeytu, nominative plural þeytur)
- an emulsion
þeyta (weak verb, third-person singular past indicative þeytti, supine þeytt)
- (transitive, governs the accusative) to whip, to beat, to whisk
- (transitive, governs the accusative, of a horn) to blow
- Að þeyta lúður.
- To blow a horn.
- (transitive, governs the dative) to fling, to launch, to let fly, to hurl, to toss up
- Hún þeytti bókinni í höfuðið á mér.
- She hurled the book at my head.
- Áin þeytist niður gilið.
- The river hurls down the gorge.
- (transitive, governs the dative, of a gust or wind) to blow
- Vindurinn þeytti brimlöðrinu.
- The wind launched the foamy waves.
- Sólin skein og vindurinn þeytti laufunum burt.
- The sun was shining and the wind blew the leaves away.